There are three steps in performing an in-house employment background check:
1. Ensure that you have all the required forms:
- The applicant’s application form, from when he/she applied at the company.
- Permission from the applicant to perform a background check, also known as staff vetting, which means that all applicants are screened thoroughly before employment is offered.
The following should be checked as part of the screening process:
• criminal records,
• civil records,
• disciplinary records,
• other businesses,
• qualifications – CV audit,
• technical competence,
• psychometric testing
2. Confirm that the information given in correct, some companies conduct an interview, and then only if the interview is successful, they perform a background check.
3. Conduct the applicant’s interview using Statement Analysis Techniques.